This page outlines the vacancy and the key skills and responsibilities for the role. Emergency Respite Carer Support Worker Brisbane, Australia Reference: 5508665 Join a life-changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others SCHADS Level 4.1 Schedule B + penalty rates + superannuation +... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
This page outlines the vacancy and the key skills and responsibilities for the role.
Emergency Respite Carer Support Worker
- Join a life-changing program to support carers, our unsung heroes, to be the best version of themselves whilst caring for others
- SCHADS Level 4.1 Schedule B + penalty rates + superannuation + salary sacrificing
- Full-time contract in Brisbane until June 2024
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
About the program
Wellways Australia is the first point of contact for all Australian Government Carer Gateway funded services in South West Sydney and across Queensland, aiming to help carers access practical information and advice and connect with services in their local area. Carer supports and services will be delivered using a network of local Carer Gateway regional service providers Carers and those who provide a caring role to someone in their life who has a disability, mental health issue, chronic health condition, terminal illness or are frail-aged.
About the role
A truly special role where your communications skills are paramount. Use your warm and welcoming nature to provide an inclusive environment for Carers. This includes listening and supporting Carers with patience and non-judgement. Your main focus will be implementing emergency respite care and assisting carers to access the Carer Gateway Services program
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing carers with information on emergency respite services
- Making follow up contact with carers after emergency respite is provided
- Completing intake, planning and assessment
- Working with carers to develop an agreed action plan that reflects their aspirations and response to their support needs
- Conducting risk assessments
Skills & experience:
- Qualifications and/or experience working in community services, allied health or carer/family peer positions
- Experience coordinating responsive individualised support to individuals, families, young people and children with caring roles
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Evidence of working rights within Australia such as a passport or birth certificate
- A current valid Driver’s License
- National Police Records Check
- Blue Card and NDIS Worker Screening Check (or yellow card)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate:
Benefits & culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Join a brand new and supportive team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Fortnightly pay
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 per annum
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
- Ongoing support and opportunities for growth
- For a full list of our staff benefits, visit
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page: https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5508665.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Narelle Szmidt, Coordinator Emergency Respite on 0435030643.
Applications close 14th June 2021.
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Applications Close: 14 Jun 2021