Application Closes: 14 June 2021Role: Logistics Pharmacist (from 1/7/2021 until 31/12/2021)Number of vacancies available: 1Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from homePosition Summary: The COVID-vac group is responsible for managing and coordinating the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination to the state of Victoria. Operating as a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the group will work closely with key... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Application Closes: 14 June 2021
Role: Logistics Pharmacist (from 1/7/2021 until 31/12/2021)
Number of vacancies available: 1
Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from home
The COVID-vac group is responsible for managing and coordinating the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination to the state of Victoria. Operating as a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, the group will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver an effective and efficient immunisation campaign.
Reporting to the Manager Procurement, the Logistics Pharmacist will manage vaccine transfers across Victoria ensuring cold chain maintenance for both Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines in line with the Victorian COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines.
* Manage transfers of vaccine across the state through engagement with key suppliers and ensuring adherence to the Victorian COVID-19 Vaccination Guidelines.
* Monitor vaccine stock on hand across the state to ensure supply is maintained in all catchments, expiries avoided and wastage reduced.
* Undertake a range of administrative functions to support the operation of the COVID-19 Vaccine Procurement team as required and participate in the development and implementation of new processes and systems.
* Work with the Manager Procurement to set and achieve key performance indicators and standards.
* Provide timely expert advice and develop open and effective communication strategies including collection of highly complex, contentious or sensitive information on matters of staff or business.
* Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role and work unit impact clients and the department's ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services.
* Maintain effective working relationships, liaise efficiently and professionally with all levels of staff.
* Keep accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
* Comply with the Financial Management Act 1994 (Vic) and other relevant legislation, regulations and government directives, policies and guidelines.
* Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and the department's occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click 'Apply Now' to submit your interest in this position.