Job Description Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies,... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
Job Title: HSEQ Advisor
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Reporting To: Safety, Quality and Compliance Manager
No of Direct Reports: 0
About Thermo Fisher Scientific, ANZ
Our growing team of 1200+ employees work together to deliver world-class science products and solutions to a wide range of key markets. With commercial, manufacturing and distribution sites across Australia and New Zealand, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Auckland, Adelaide, Newcastle, and Perth, our scope covers life sciences; specialty diagnostics; food, dairy & beverage; environmental & industrial; healthcare and analytical instruments including commercial, customer service, technical service, supply chain, finance and operations.
How will you make an impact?
An HSEQ Advisor in the Safety, Quality and Compliance (SQC) Team will ensure the organisation exceeds compliance to relevant Health, Safety, Environmental, and Quality (HSEQ) legislative, customer and corporate requirements; will support the mitigation of HSEQ risks across the organisation; and will drive improvement in the culture by partnering with others to build efficiencies and scope in the HSEQ programs.
Are you a results-orientated, driven individual with a passion in Management Systems implementation?
What will you do?
- Assisting the organisation in meeting the HSEQ Goals and Objectives including reducing workplace injury and illness and improving employee wellbeing, improving customer satisfaction, and improving Right First Time;
- Providing expert advice in relation to risk management and developing and delivering training programs to grow the businesses’ knowledge in HSEQ;
- Partnering with Manufacturing leadership to establish controls and inspection points to facilitate detection, correction, and prevention of nonconforming materials, parts, and products;
- Facilitating the development, generation, review and approval of methods, procedures and documentation for new product introduction;
- Assuring that businesses processes conform to division and departmental policies, national and international codes, and applicable safety requirements;
- Undertaking, supervising and reviewing internal and remote audits and inspections (including regulatory and customer) and assessing the appropriateness of remedial actions;
How will you get here?
- A relevant qualification in EHS, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering or relevant field
- A minimum of five years working within a manufacturing environment, ideally within a Quality or EHS role.
- Experience working with auditable management systems and an understanding of ionising radiation hazards is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Sound understanding of risk management principles and methodology.
- Adaptable to working independently and in multidisciplinary teams, and proficient in leading projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills and communication skills across all levels of an organisation.
- Proficient in ensuring Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials compliance.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary and performance related bonus structure
- Access to Thermo Fisher’s global University
- Exposure to market leading & cutting edge technologies
- Career development opportunities as part of a leading global organization
Your position may require you to participate in on call work. If you are on call you are required to be available for immediate return to work outside of your normal and regular work pattern. Should this be a requirement of your position, you will be remunerated per the Company’s policy.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.