We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities. About Your Role... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
This full time permanent HSE Manager role is to provide expert advice, leadership and hands on support to manage the improvement, promotion and education of HSE by assisting in the implementation of the Thales Australia HSE strategy, management systems and improvement plans.
• Implement Thales Australia HSE strategy, management system and improvement plans.
• Maintain compliance with applicable legislation, and HSE Management System certification (14001/45001).
• Develop, promote/report on, analyse and monitor HSE Plans with targets and objectives for the site.
• Continually identify and implement opportunities to improve HSE within the site.
• Identify key stakeholders and ensure they are engaged, informed and consulted in regard to HSE issues that affect their area of responsibility
• Ensure up-to-date Emergency Procedures and resources are in place and maintained for the site.
• Ensure that all personnel and Contractors within the site receive appropriate induction, training, information and instructions for HSE.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and company safety and environmental requirements ensuring management and staff are kept informed of any relevant changes to these requirements.
How About You?
• Proven HSE experience in a similar environment (Labs, Production lines and Offices)
• Demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience in the fields of HSE, management systems and relevant legislation.
• Experience interacting with senior management through to shop floor personnel and external stakeholders.
• Management of HSE activities and personnel within high risk business operations.
• Ability to develop HSE systems and processes
• Practical knowledge of the production, construction, facility support and/or manufacturing environments.
• Demonstrate experience and the ability of the management of occupational health/ hygiene, chemical management and asbestos management.
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – (disabled link)
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.