Early Childhood Education, Literacy and Numeracy - Statewide ServicesLiteracy and NumeracyEducation Officer - Teaching and Learning - EALD - Primary00031598Level EO2: $117,816 - $126,724 per annum (SEA GA 2019)Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE677499 This is a seven (7) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP The Literacy and Numeracy branch of the Early Childhood Education... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Early Childhood Education, Literacy and Numeracy – Statewide Services
Literacy and Numeracy
Education Officer – Teaching and Learning – EALD – Primary
Level EO2: $117,816 – $126,724 per annum (SEA GA 2019)
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE677499
This is a seven (7) month fixed term, part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing ASAP
The Literacy and Numeracy branch of the Early Childhood Education – Literacy and Numeracy division of Statewide Services is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed Education Officer Level 2 (EO2) (Primary) English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
The Education Officer will work as part of a team contributing to the planning, implementation and evaluation of EALD teaching and learning support in response to the needs of public schools, and the Department's strategic directions. The successful applicant will have substantial knowledge of EALD pedagogical practices in a Primary setting. The role will provide EALD curriculum advice to schools in line with departmental strategic initiatives, the EALD Progress Map and the Capability Framework – Teaching Aboriginal and Torres Islander EALD Learners. The Education Officer will build teachers' capacity to cater for the needs of EALD learners, model EALD pedagogy that supports English language and literacy development, and successfully deliver targeted Professional Learning. This position provides opportunity to contribute to EALD support across the state, and to extend professional knowledge.
The Literacy and Numeracy (including EALD) and Early Childhood Education Directorate is responsible for the development and implementation of systemic policy and strategic planning in literacy and numeracy, EALD and early childhood education for Western Australian public schools. The services and support delivered through the EALD team and the Literacy and Numeracy branch are incorporated across Statewide Services. This supports the integration of services with schools, students, families and external service providers. Schools are supported to deliver high quality teaching and learning in every classroom, and create expanded opportunities to develop the academic, personal and social competencies to enable all students to participate in the future workforce and society.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices and requirements in relevant area/s of specialist expertise
- Experience in implementing, monitoring and reviewing professional learning and support programs in relevant area/s of specialist expertise.
- Highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and integrate services both within and beyond the Department.
- Ability to deal effectively with change and generate innovative solutions related to teaching and learning issues.
- Highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and other documentation to support and inform senior officers.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Michelle Kriening, Manager, Literacy and Numeracy by telephoning (08) 6206 2066 or emailing Michelle.Kriening@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the selection criteria, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department's induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department's training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 8 June 2021
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
ATTACHMENTS: – published jdf – 00031598 – education officer – english as an additional language or dialect – literacy and numeracy – eo2 – apr 2021.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
WORK TYPE: Fixed Term – Part Time
CLOSING DATE: 2021-06-08 4:30 PM