Our client is one of Australia's leading mid-tier gold companies, currently developing a new site in Central West NSW. The development application is progressing with approvals anticipated in early 2022. As part of the project plan, the company is now seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to support and develop the health and... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Our client is one of Australia's leading mid-tier gold companies, currently developing a new site in Central West NSW. The development application is progressing with approvals anticipated in early 2022. As part of the project plan, the company is now seeking to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor to support and develop the health and safety function as the site is developed.
This role, at this stage of the project, offers a rare and challenging opportunity to be part of a greenfield project. With significant career growth and opportunity on offer as the project and operation progresses, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Overall, the position is accountable for ensuring the safety and health of employees by implementation and promotion of the Safety Management System and delivery of professional site health and safety services. This will include development, implementation and/or maintenance of:
- Site inductions and associated records
- Safety systems and databases including SOPs, management plans and associated documents
- Health and safety training requirements including training needs analysis for construction and operations
- Incident/event investigations and injury management
- Risk register and risk reviews
- Coaching, inspections and auditing in the field
- Residential role – be home every night
- Hassle free travel to and from work each day
- 5/2 roster
- Market competitive salary package
- Strong career development prospects and opportunities
The site is located within a comfortable distance from major regional centres of Orange, Bathurst and Cowra in NSW, and offers magnificent options for a tree change to a flourishing rural location with all the advantages of city living. By road you are approximately 3 hours to Canberra, 3.5 hours to Sydney and Orange Airport offers regular flights to Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney.
A degree qualification is preferred however equivalent qualifications with relevant experience is also appropriate, with experience in mining and/or construction essential. You must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of NSW mining legislation and how to apply it to risk management. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- Desire and willingness to complete practical and outdoor activities – this is not a desk job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in preparing or modifying documentation
- a high level of organisational ability
- Current manual driver's licence
- Current First Aid certificate
Critical to your success in this role will be your passion for safety and your people and interpersonal skills. You will be a people person, with a commitment to taking ownership of the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Melinda Barton at Spinifex Recruiting on 0409 669 855 or click Apply Now to send your resume.
Employment offer will be contingent on a National Police check and Pre Employment Medical.