JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA! We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Works Plant Operator to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Works Plant Operator to join our team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
This position is responsible for operating a range of plant and equipment associated with the maintenance and construction of roads, transport and drainage assets connected to the functioning of Singleton Council’s infrastructure network. The position is responsible for working autonomously and with other works teams to deliver maintenance and construction of Council infrastructure. Some duties include:
- Undertake plant operation and/or labouring tasks associated with maintenance and construction of roads, transport and drainage infrastructure including but not limited to, earthworks, pipe laying, bitumen, concrete structure preparation, drainage and vegetation work.
- Undertake works autonomously or with other work groups as required, with responsibility for floating/ transporting equipment to all work sites and operating onsite.
- Demonstrate competency in the operation of dynamic load shifting plant and equipment including, but not limited to, Backhoe, Excavator and Positrack
- Ensure daily maintenance and pre-start checks of assigned plant are completed.
- Ensure controls are in place to manage vehicular and pedestrian traffic on and around the work site.
- Demonstrated current working knowledge of road construction and maintenance tasks and techniques, coupled with experience with road construction plant and equipment.
- Proven competency in undertaking operating tasks involving dynamic load plant equipment
- Proven competency in loading, securing and floating equipment
- Proven competency in undertaking specified labouring duties for civil construction projects and maintenance tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road Construction & Maintenance) would be advantageous along with dogging licence, and other relevant tickets as described in the position description.
This position is offered on a permanent, fulltime basis working 38 hours per week. The team currently have a 9-day fortnight roster in place.
Remuneration for this position is based on Grade 7 of the salary system which equates to a base salary between $57,972.72 – $65,211.64 per annum plus superannuation and allowances.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join a employer of choice organisation: You’ll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
For further information regarding this role please see the and , or contact Roger Crawford, Project Officer Construction on 02 6578 7290
APPLICATIONS CLOSE THURSDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2021