At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Located in Sydney, Uniting has a fantastic opportunity for a compassionate, enthusiastic and experienced Residential Service Manager to steer, motivate and support our team at Uniting The Garrison on a full-time permanent base.
Your responsibilities will be varied and will require for you draw upon your experience to encourage supervise and support a diverse range of staff from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills who can contribute to a harmonious team and advocate on behalf of our clients and families in alignment with the Uniting core values; compassion, bold, respect and imaginative. This is a pivotal management role best suited to a talented candidate who considers themselves to be an expert within the field of aged care.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Manage the day-to-day service operations to ensure evidence based best practice care is implemented
- Monitor financial performance, budgets and the ACFI submission process to formulate initiatives to ensure future sustainability
- Oversee recruitment, selection and training for all staff in partnership with Human Resources
- Investigate and provide innovative solutions on systems and processes for continual improvement
Adopting a person-centered approach you will provide guidance, ongoing development and regular feedback to ensure performance expectations are fulfilled in adherence to Aged Care Accreditation Standards.
- Degree /Diploma or higher in the relevant field of study
- Current registration with AHPRA as Registered Nurse
- Flu vaccination
Skills & experience
- Extensive experience in Aged Care, Social Services, Management or related disciplines
- A good net-worker to develop partnerships with participants external to the organisation.
- Solid financial management with track record in delivering operational strategies
- Confident in navigating and nurturing teams through ambiguity and change
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Postgraduate qualifications in aged care, health service management or similar
- Certification from Case Management Society (CMSA)
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Salary Packaging
- Other bonuses
- Career development opportunities
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.