Round Oak Minerals (Round Oak) is an owner operator emerging base and precious metals producer with a number of Australian based mining and processing operations. Job Description Round Oak now have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Charge Up Operator, based at our Jaguar mine site, which is located 60km north of Leonora and 250km... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Round Oak Minerals (Round Oak) is an owner operator emerging base and precious metals producer with a number of Australian based mining and processing operations.
Round Oak now have an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Charge Up Operator, based at our Jaguar mine site, which is located 60km north of Leonora and 250km north of Kalgoorlie on a continuous 14:7 roster.
The primary focus for this role is to allow a person (most likely a highly experienced service crew operator) to gain experience on charge up with the intention for this person to progress to a full time charge up role when it becomes available. This person would primarily fill the service crew requirements of the mine and undertake training in charge up when operational requirements permit (i.e. all service crew personnel are in attendance).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Attends and active participates in pre-shift meetings
- Complete all written and verbal shift change requirements
- Follow the mining schedule and plan
- Submit a shift report at the end of each shift
- Operation of Integrated Tool Carrier
- Installation / extension of Mine Services
- Assist electrical crews and other service-related tasks
Charge Up training responsibilities – training to be able to:
- Maintain proficiency in handling, transport and loading of explosives and ensure that ROM procedures are followed at all times
- Prepare up and down holes for charging
- Make up primers/boosters and placing in face production charge holes
- Loading explosives into blast holes or lifters ensuring the safety of others in the mine site
- Responsibility for remote and independent firing and secondary blasting
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in underground operations, specifically service crew with ideally nippering and / or truck operation
- Occupational Health and Safety Requirements within a mining environment
- Minimum 2 years’ underground experience
- IT competency
- Current & Valid Australian Drivers Licence
- Working at heights certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Western Australian Dangerous Goods Security Card
- Shot firer’s certificate (desirable)
What we offer:
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged
- Opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- A genuine comradery on site
- A permanent room for yourself with good food and mess facilities
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Competitive salary packages
Applicants will need to possess a National Police Clearance (6 months validity) and current C Class Drivers licence to be considered.
Agency assistance is not required.
Desired Skills and Experience