Senior Mining Engineer About the company: Located on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia, our client is a well established and recognised mining company that owns an exciting portfolio of ferrous and nonferrous mining assets. Due to a new and exciting open cut mine cutback project, our client is looking for an experienced Mining Engineer... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Senior Mining Engineer
About the company:
Located on the Eyre Peninsula of South Australia, our client is a well established and recognised mining company that owns an exciting portfolio of ferrous and nonferrous mining assets.
Due to a new and exciting open cut mine cutback project, our client is looking for an experienced Mining Engineer to join the team and help deliver the project.
Reporting to the Mining Superintendent, the Senior Mining Engineer will provide mine engineering and operations support for the development of a new mine and tailings storage facility. Initially the role will assist the Mine Superintendent in ensuring the operational readiness of the project. As the project moves into execution, the role will progress into an operational position and continues to report to the Mining Superintendent.
Key requirements of the role:
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure schedules and designs comply with operational capability and strategic objectives
• Monitor site activities and advise when it deviates from schedule
• Develop, maintain, and document mine planning and scheduling systems
• Provide updated pit, waste dump, stockpile and access designs as required
• Long term mine scheduling and reporting on short term production
• Complete annual reviews on design optimisations and reserve base
• Assist with the input development for regulatory submissions for all active and new mining areas
• Contractor management in the field and in terms of compliance and claim validation
• Production reporting
• Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or related discipline essential
• A minimum of 5+ years experience in mine planning and scheduling with solid exposure to open pit mining operations
• Demonstrated experience using Surpac or similar mine planning software essential
• Experience in mine design and scheduling
• Contractor partnership and management experience
This role is offered on a permanent or contract basis. 8/6 roster either residential, DIDO or FIFO negotiable.
For further information or to apply, please contact Jono Sawers at Randstad on 0437 426 805 or send your resume to (disabled link)
Due to current border restrictions, preference will be given to SA based applicants. International applicants may not be considered.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.