The Payroll Consultant is responsible for a timely operational payroll service to stakeholders within a highly customer-focused environment. This position is part of a team of Payroll Consultants and specialists who deliver to the whole of the organisation across a range of business functions. Key Accountabilities: Business Administration - Contribute to the payroll team to... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
The Payroll Consultant is responsible for a timely operational payroll service to stakeholders within a highly customer-focused environment. This position is part of a team of Payroll Consultants and specialists who deliver to the whole of the organisation across a range of business functions.
– Contribute to the payroll team to ensure the delivery of an efficient and accurate payroll service.
• Provide high quality advice to stakeholders and managers on complex policies, guidelines,
• processes and workplace legislations.
• Present accurate records and correspondence to internal and external agencies, including liaising
and assisting with internal and external audits.
• Ensure all occupational health and safety procedures are adhered to.
Liaison and Communication
• Liaise extensively with a diverse range of clients and key stakeholders to ensure mutually suitable
outcomes are achieved.
• Liaise with the Industry Super fund, employee choice Super funds and the ATO to ensure
compliance with legislation.
• Ensure accurate records are maintained including file maintenance and providing accurate
communications relating to payment information to relevant parties.
Knowledge and proficiency
• Undertake system-based accounting tasks associated with payroll to meet audit requirements
• Maintain contemporary knowledge on Collective Agreements, matters, policies and guidelines including payroll related awards and work place best practices.
• Maintain current knowledge in regard to Superannuation Legislation compliance.
• Completion of a degree level qualification in business or related area and/or Certificate 4 in
Payroll Administration or combination of relevant experience education or training.
• Demonstrated end to end Payroll processing experience, including but not limited to
Superannuation obligations, PAYG, third party payments as well as Payroll Governance and
• Ability to provide a professional service including demonstrated ability to organise and prioritise
workloads with minimal supervision to meet regular and conflicting deadlines.
• Ability to pro-actively develop processes and contribute to the continuous improvement of
Payroll procedures and practices by actively participating in review processes, project work,
testing procedures, staff meetings and liaising with payroll personnel.
• Demonstrated ability to engage in effective and proactive team work recognising the abilities of
others and utilising cooperative approaches.
• Competency and proficient in the use of Human Resource Information Systems including but not limited to AscenderPay, Oracle, HRIS and Super Acurity systems and Microsoft software
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Certificate 4 in Business and Administration, Payroll processing experience inc Superannuation obligations PAYG third party payments and Payroll Governance, Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency