Assistant Director - Kew Location 110 place childcare centre in Kew is seeking an Assistant Director to support the Centre Director with daily operations of the centre. This position will see the successful applicant working off the floor in the office as a part of the management team. What else is in it for you?... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Assistant Director – Kew Location
110 place childcare centre in Kew is seeking an Assistant Director to support the Centre Director with daily operations of the centre. This position will see the successful applicant working off the floor in the office as a part of the management team.
What else is in it for you?
• State of the art facilities
• Attractive salary
• Part of large company offering career opportunities
• Professional development and training provided
• Onsite parking
• Provide the children in your care with the best start for school and life
• Take the next step in your career
As Assistant Director, you will work in collaboration with the Centre director and educational leader to ensure high quality education and care is provided to all children!
This role requires you to take on the responsibility of overall Centre management in the Director’s absence.
In this role you will be responsible for centre tours, staff management, rostering, mentor and guide the educators to ensure high quality practices are being met, build positive relationships with the children and families, develop newsletters, office admin duties, dealing with parent inquires and support the Director in all aspects of running of the service.
Through daily observations, and applying your pedagogical knowledge and expertise you will ensure individual needs of all children are met, and they are inspired to grow and develop into lifelong learners to achieve their very best.
• a Diploma of Children’s Services or ACECQA approved equivalent
• Current Working with Children Check or equivalent, current driver’s licence, first aid certificate (including asthma and anaphylactic training) and CPR training.
• a true passion for early childhood education
• experience developing portfolios for each child
• the skills to lead other educators, motivating them to excel as they deliver care and education programs
• a proven ability to build and nurture respectful and mutually-beneficial relationships with children and their families
• a strong understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and National Quality Standards (NQS)
If you have any questions or would like to know more about this role and others, please call Melanie or Vanessa on 03 8630 7400 or email (email address)
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant’s interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply.
Diploma in Children’s Services or above