A wonderful opportunity for a creative, driven and enthusiastic AIT & Technology teacher to join the supportive team of an innovative and forward thinking school in Perth. The fast-growing school is one of the pioneers of STEM in Western Australia, offering great learning opportunities to promote creative and critical thinking. The school has state of... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
A wonderful opportunity for a creative, driven and enthusiastic AIT & Technology teacher to join the supportive team of an innovative and forward thinking school in Perth.
The fast-growing school is one of the pioneers of STEM in Western Australia, offering great learning opportunities to promote creative and critical thinking. The school has state of the art STEM equipment, and a STEM Program from Kindergarten through to Secondary STEM which is enriched with additional subjects.
It is a truly and proudly multicultural school, with the mission to equip students with moral values, academic knowledge and 21st century skills. They empower students to unlock their potential to be confident global citizens.
This is a full-time contract role that includes teaching Year 11 and 12 General AIT and Digital/Design Technology classes for lower secondary, with the possibility to become permanent. Teachers with all levels of experience will be considered, including graduates and experienced teachers.
• Create a learning environment which stimulates interest in learning, promotes excellence and which acknowledges the needs of each student
• Presenting lessons in an engaging and relevant way classes for lower secondary
• Modelling, fostering and promoting excellence in teaching and learning.
• Sharing knowledge, ideas and resources with other staff members in the college
• Use a variety of teaching strategies to meet the objectives of the curriculum, recognising that students learn in a variety of ways; through independent study, directed learning and group involvement
• Model high level classroom practices
• Create and deliver programs for students across a diverse range of abilities and needs.
The ideal candidate
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree in secondary education or a relevant degree for this subject followed by a postgraduate qualification in secondary education
• Is registered with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia and has a valid Working With Children Check
• Is an effective communicator and able to collaborate effectively with students, parents and staff
• Has strong relationship skills and is able to independently develop teaching processes
• Is driven, forward-thinking and innovative
If you have any questions, need some help updating your resume or would like to have a confidential conversation about this or any other teaching positions in WA, email (disabled link) or call (disabled link). Or apply now via the button below!
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant’s interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply.
Technology Teacher for new term 2022
• Secondary Education