Newmont is the world's leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the past five years and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index. Newmont Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration.
Newmont Exploration in the region is based in Perth, but operates across Australia. The group is responsible for growing Newmont’s current operations and discovering new deposits across the region. The team has access to in house global technical specialists in applying the latest exploration technology in its quest for discovery.
Reporting to the Principal Advisor Modeling, the Senior Modeling Geologist is an experienced Mine and Resource Modeling Geologist with a background in resource modeling and evaluation. The incumbent will work closely with the Principal Advisor Modeling with key functions including, data analysis, data discovery, geological modelling, resource estimation and evaluation.
This role is part time at 0.4 FTE and based in Welshpool with remote working options.
In This Role You Will
- Conduct safety inspections, Fatality Risk Verifications and interactions when on site.
- Assist with safety management programs and compilation of data to analyse trends.
- Provide data management and QAQC support for resource development programs.
- Complete Data Discovery/compilation to assist near mine and regional exploration programs.
- Provide geological modelling and resource estimation support to Sites, Regional Exploration and EBD.
- Complete specific technical studies to help advance Stage Gate resource development projects.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the expanded exploration and site geology groups.
- Complete updates on economic tools and and use them to complete resource evaluation studies on specific site, exploration or EBD opportunities.
- Provide support as required to the Principal Advisor Modeling, Near Mine Exploration Director or Regional Exploration Director in the compilation of exploration budgets and reporting.
- Work directly with site Geology, Exploration and Technical Services Managers to support their staff development toward resource modeling capability.
- Assess and support opportunities for talent development through training, mentoring, short courses, and continuous education opportunities.
- BSc (Hons) or MSc in Geological / Geosciences with extensive related field experience.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) preferred.
- Significant industry experience (+8 years) within several different geologic environments; resource development and operational experience preferably at both Open Pit and Underground sites.
- Familiarity and experience of the Australian mining industry and associated exploration and mining regulations.
- Modelling Software proficiency (Leapfrog and Vulcan)
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills for presentations to senior and executive management.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
More About Newmont
- Website: http://www.newmont.com
- Lifecycle of a Mine:
- Annual sustainability report:
Note: Newmont does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal. If you are asked to do either, do not respond and please report this immediately to email@example.com.