Employment Support Consultant - Fremantle Rewarding work making a difference in people's lives Flexible and friendly workplace with a range of employee benefits Participant focused service to achieve sustainable employment Employment Support Consultant - Disability Employment Services (DES) Fremantle At Maxima, we see potential. Do you enjoy building relationships with others? Are you passionate about... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Employment Support Consultant – Fremantle
- Rewarding work making a difference in people’s lives
- Flexible and friendly workplace with a range of employee benefits
- Participant focused service to achieve sustainable employment
Employment Support Consultant – Disability Employment Services (DES)
At Maxima, we see potential.
- Do you enjoy building relationships with others?
- Are you passionate about helping make a difference in people’s lives?
- Do you like finding new solutions and implementing them?
We are seeking passionate, motivated and energetic individuals interested in working with people living with a disability, to assist them to manage the challenges and opportunities that come with securing mainstream employment.
A great opportunity to be based from our Fremantle site.
What will you do?
- Support Customers in the workplace as well as weekly contact with Customers leading up to and when they gain employment
- Identify, implement and maintain person-centred strategies to assist Customers to remain in employment
- Develop and review individually tailored job plans outlining specific activities and assistances
- Liaise with Centrelink, healthcare providers and other community organisations to address areas where further support is required to achieve sustainable employment
- Undertake associated administration and record keeping in JobReady Live, job seeker files and the Department’s IT database to ensure that files meet relevant guidelines and accreditation requirements
- Maintain and strengthen employer relationships as a representative of Maxima
- Promote Maxima services to leverage relationships for repeat business
What is required?
- Experience in delivering high levels of customer service in a complex stakeholder environment
- Effective intervention strategies to ensure sustainable employment
- Demonstrable networks in the community services sector
- Experience working one to one with people with disability, injury or health condition
- Knowledge of Disability Employment Services (desirable but not essential)
You must hold a current driver’s licence, national police check and relevant State/Territory Working With Children Check, or be willing to obtain.
Our team encourages innovative thinking and a can-do approach to the challenges of this role. Due to the nature of our customers’ employment support needs, you must be able to work outside of business hours and be based at our various sites on some occasions.
Maxima is a national not-for-profit organisation valued by individuals, organisations and communities for helping people develop their skills and potential to find jobs. We are driven by a desire to make a real difference and are rewarded every day by the life-changing outcomes we create for our inspiring customers. We distinguish ourselves by offering flexible working arrangements and a supportive working environment for our employees.
Culture and Benefits
At Maxima we distinguish ourselves by offering family-friendly working hours, and a supportive working environment. Be welcomed into a culture of continuous improvement and endless learning opportunities.
- Work for a national organisation with over 60 office locations
- Salary sacrifice options available
- Healthy lifestyle initiatives including discounts on health insurance and gym memberships
- Professional, community-focused and participant-centred team culture
- Flexible working arrangements and monthly rostered day off
- Paid volunteer leave
How to Apply
To apply for this position please fill in the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter.