1 - Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2020-2021 - Senior Clinical Social Worker Grade 3 Year 1 Salary $46.25 to $48.69 Hours 80 Position Summary Role Name: Social Worker, Grade 3 Latrobe Regional Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Grade 3 Social Worker to join the... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
1 – Allied Health Professionals (Victorian Public Health Sector) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2020-2021 – Senior Clinical Social Worker Grade 3 Year 1
Salary $46.25 to $48.69
Role Name: Social Worker, Grade 3
Latrobe Regional Hospital have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified Grade 3 Social Worker to join the Social Work team.
Reporting to the Social Work Manager at Latrobe Regional Hospital the successful applicant will play an important role in supporting our patients and clients with psychosocial support required to cope with chronic or acute illness.
The successful applicant will be required to
- Hold a Bachelor Degree in Social Work and/or Master of Social Work (Qualifying) and or Master of Social Work
- Have a minimum of 7 years Social Work practice in the provision of advanced Social Work practice and the ability to manage complex
- Have knowledge of issues associated with illness and disability, and awareness of the impact of these on family and carers including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrate significant prior experience in health, mental health, crisis intervention and/or loss and grief and provision of supportive counselling
- Manage a clinical caseload autonomously and professionally including clients with complex needs
- Focus on optomising psychosocial outcomes with patient focused, discharge planning framework
- Model and promote value based leadership
- Provide supervision and clinical expertise to Social Work staff and students on placements
- Advocate for families and clients to resolve issues
- Make appropriate referrals to community based services to assist patients and clients in their recovery
- Accurately record, evaluate and monitor patient progress against measurable goals
- Actively participate in meetings advising on and promoting the Social Work professional perspective
- Rotate through nominated wards
“IMPORTANT: All staff employed in the healthcare sector are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 (unless a valid exemption applies). Evidence of Vaccination (or exemption) will be required to be provided prior to commencement.”
Why work for LRH?
A leading Gippsland employer, Latrobe Regional Hospital is Gippsland’s specialist referral and trauma centre located 150km east of Melbourne. We are a purpose-built teaching hospital caring for a population of more than 260,000 people. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency, intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
- A friendly and supportive team
- High quality patient care
- A collaborative and innovative working environment
- Modern Facilities
- Electronic Medical Records
Our unique difference:
- Regional lifestyle opportunities
- Access to excellent schools, health and transport services
- Generous salary packaging benefits, paid parental leave and flexible working conditions
- Expanding specialist services with future redevelopments & expansions
Our commitment to you:
LRH is recognized as a leading learning hospital providing ongoing career opportunities. We provide a safe and rewarding work environment for all of our staff and have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership excellence, education and training.
Now is an exciting time to join our team with significant growth on the horizon.
Diversity and Inclusion
At LRH we value workforce diversity and inclusion, where individual uniqueness is embraced. We value diverse life experiences and the perspectives of our people, whilst providing high-quality health care to all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, cultural background, disability, or sexuality.
At LRH we are committed to providing positive employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background. LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
We at LRH strongly encourage people with disability and diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles.
If we can assist you with any reasonable adjustments in order to submit your application for this role, please contact the People & Culture team via email at noting your preferred method of communication and contact details and a member of the team will be in touch
Selection Criteria Essential: 7 years clinical and leadership experience in the provision of Social Work, preferably within a health care setting
Essential: Knowledge of issues associated with illness and disability and awareness of the impact of these on family and carers including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Essential: Demonstrated experience in the provision of advanced social work practice and knowledge of issues associated with illness and disability and awareness of the impact of these on family and carers including those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
Essential: Ability to successfully supervise staff and students to maximise their potential
Essential: Demonstrated ability to manage a complex clinical caseload autonomously working within a multidisciplinary team
Contact Person MICHELLE BUTLER
Contact Number (03) 5173 8383
Closing Date 23/01/2022