Be part of a brand new service in Rockhampton which will become a ‘centre of excellence’ in drug and alcohol rehabilitation The opportunity Lives Lived Well is excited to announce the opening in late 2021, of our newest residential alcohol and other drug treatment service – the first of its kind in Rockhampton and in... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
- Be part of a brand new service in Rockhampton which will become a ‘centre of excellence’ in drug and alcohol rehabilitation
Lives Lived Well is excited to announce the opening in late 2021, of our newest residential alcohol and other drug treatment service – the first of its kind in Rockhampton and in Central Queensland.
We are offering Enrolled Nurses (Endorsed) a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a new specialised team which will provide residential rehabilitation, withdrawal and family support for this 42-bed service.
There are a range of nurse opportunities to suit your availability, (full time, part time and casual) and experience.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Enrolled Nurses to join our services and work along side our Registered Nurses in providing high quality health and clinical assessments, health interventions, client centred and evidence-based health and clinical services to achieve optimal health outcomes for residents.
You will be expected to work with residents will present with AOD dependency and a broad range of associated psychological and physiological issues including complex co-morbidities. This is a challenging role, and to support you in your role, we will provide you with access to:
- Regular training and supervision
- Access to an existing community of practice of other registered nurses
- Training and support from our addiction medical specialist
- Future growth and development in your skills to help contribute to the recovery journey of clients
What do you need to apply?
- Relevant qualifications and current registration as an Enrolled Nurse with AHPRA.
- Medication Endorsement.
- Demonstrated experience in working with people who have alcohol and other drug and/or mental health issues is desired.
- Experience in the provision of client centred primary health care in a residential based care service.
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates or ability to obtain.
- Excellent communication and clinical problem-solving skills and relate positively to a diverse range of people.
Why Join us? Here’s how we support you;
- Wellness leave – up to 5 extra paid days off each year for most roles.
- Salary packaging – full charity status packaging giving you lots more dollars in your pocket.
- A focus on wellbeing – self-care, clinical support and a holistic view of health and wellness.
- Learning opportunities – a comprehensive induction program and ongoing clinical and leadership capability development.
- Clinical innovation – you will deliver world class treatment programs and participate in research through our partnership with The University of Queensland.
- Clinical Supervision – a structured program to support your practice.
- We will listen to you. Our people have important insights.
- Career options – we run many services in many places across Queensland and NSW, so you can progress your career.
What does Rockhampton have on offer?
A regional city of around 80,000 people, ‘Rocky’ offers the benefits of affordable country living with all the advantages of city life. It’s just a 30-minute drive to beachside Yeppoon and an easy commute to work. Apply for a position at our new Rockhampton service.
To find out more?
You’re invited to find out more about this rewarding opportunity at our drop in ‘Information Section’ on Thursday, 27 May 2021 from 3pm to 6pm. To RSVP email , using the subject line: Enrolled Nurse, Residential – Rockhampton enquiry via EthicalJobs.
For any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact Mikel Gellatly, Clinical Services Manager on 0432 664 982 or email .
Lives Lived Well is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from a diverse range of social, cultural and gender backgrounds that reflect our community including First Peoples.
Confirmation of employment will be subject to candidate’s possession of a Current Australian Drivers Licence and completed Australian Criminal History Check.
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.