The Role DFP are currently supporting this Federal Government Department in sourcing multiple Indigenous Case Officers across the APS5 and APS6 levels. This will be... The Role DFP are currently supporting this Federal Government Department in sourcing multiple Indigenous Case Officers across the APS5 and APS6 levels. This will be a 12-month contract with the... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
The Role DFP are currently supporting this Federal Government Department in sourcing multiple Indigenous Case Officers across the APS5 and APS6 levels. This will be…
DFP are currently supporting this Federal Government Department in sourcing multiple Indigenous Case Officers across the APS5 and APS6 levels.
This will be a 12-month contract with the possibility of a further 12-month extension.
This branch is responsible for managing the end-to-end process for applications made under a National Scheme. The Case Officer will be responsible for liaising with applicants, receiving and validating applications, assessing, and developing recommendations based on the legislation, and advising outcomes to applicants.
As the APS5/APS6 Case Officer, you will be required to manage cases relating to Indigenous applicants where you will apply relevant legislation to assess applications for validity, make recommendations on eligibility and offer advice on decisions. You will.
- Communicate with Indigenous applicants, nominees and third parties about the decisions from Independent Decision makers.
- Keep accurate and comprehensive records (including report writing, case notes, and official records).
- Advise applicants on legislation, policy, procedures.
- Resolve applicant enquiries.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on applications and check the work quality of others.
Our ideal candidate will have previous Federal Government experience and present with strong abilities in interpreting and applying legislation.
Affirmative Measures facilitates the employment of people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent. Successful applicants are required to provide evidence to confirm that they are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following.
- Experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities, including communicating in a culturally competent manner, and an understanding of contemporary and historical issues facing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Experience developing influential working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Sound analytically skills to evaluate applications and related issues and contribute to solutions, advice and capacity building.
- A well-developed understanding of relevant legislation and policy frameworks.
- Resilience, persistence, and a result-orientated attitude with the ability to be accountable for decisions and actions.
- High emotional intelligence and ability to recognise and manage own emotions in a stressful environment.
- Sound judgement and logical reasoning in decision making and is accurate when dealing with detailed information and documentation.
Applicants are required to hold Australian Citizenship at time of application and hold a Baseline security Clearance. Candidates who do not currently hold a Baseline must be able to obtain and maintain this level of clearance.
If you are interested in this role, please APPLY NOW, or call DFP Recruitment on (03) 8632 9900 for more information.
DFP welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disability. In addition, DFP will provide reasonable adjustments for individuals with disability throughout the recruitment process. If you identify as a person with disability and require adjustments to the application, recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise via email@example.com or 1300 337 000 and indicate your preferred method of communication (email, phone, text) so we can keep in touch and meet your accessibility needs.