Are you ready to make a real difference? At CurbCycle (Curby) we’re a start-up that is changing recycling and more with new technology connecting community with interactive, fun and rewarding positive social impact. We have a significant amount of commitment from the Government, globally leading brands, and investors. We are looking for a leader and... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
Are you ready to make a real difference?
At CurbCycle (Curby) we’re a start-up that is changing recycling and more with new technology connecting community with interactive, fun and rewarding positive social impact. We have a significant amount of commitment from the Government, globally leading brands, and investors. We are looking for a leader and experienced software engineer to reshape and guide our technology growth.
This is a full-time role that is remote-friendly within Australia. You will be the Chief Technology Officer with hands-on experience in leading a team and guiding key product development working closely with the executive team.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to help solve one of the most pressing problems our planet faces, and be part of a dynamic team developing the platform that will be used by nearly all Australians within the next 2-3 years and the opportunity to roll out this technology into other countries, then get in touch with your resume.
You will be vital part of forming the Curby team culture that fosters caring innovation delivering sustainable / valuable products and services.
You will be the leader of a team with three other four software engineers and work alongside two other dedicated teams managing the user experience and our stakeholder business requirements.
As CTO your work will positively impact the world and help set new standards within the industry.
The Curby tech stack includes:
- Enterprise platform (AWS)
- Serverless backend functions, middleware and APIs (Node.js, Python and PHP/Laravel)
- Database management (MySQL, DynamoDB)
- Integrations (Inbound / Outbound / Custom / 3rd Party)
You will be conversant in all the above technologies and able to assess future development pathways.
You’ll be a key person in managing today’s priorities and helping to develop a stable solution that will scale into the future. Along with overseeing significant future development of the software.
You’ll be able to engage with the wider team to identify any trade-offs we may wish to explore as we move forward together on our mission.
You are a software engineer and manager with more than 10 years of relevant experience including previous team leadership. Professionally you will welcome the opportunity to review and redefine the existing technology stack. You will also oversee the future development of the CurbCycle software development whilst ensuring the continued operation of the existing deployed software.
You will be responsible for defining the technology team, setting technology standards, and ensuring Curby implementing best practices across the technology stack.
You will be required to be able to help the engineering team set development priorities by taking into account technical, UX and business requirements. This will be a key requirement of your role along with supporting the engineering team problem solving and coding.
You will be focused on overseeing and delivery of the requirements of the deployed solutions along with encouraging a creative environment for future developments on the Curby road map.
- Ability to manage a team of 3 or more software engineers
- Proven experience in managing the stable scale-up of software applications including mobile Apps
- Strong administrator of development task with high degree of familiarity with tools such as Jira and Confluence
- High degree of fluency with all development languages deployed in the existing technology stack
- Can develop code and review code in the CurbCycle stack, eg:
- existing code base in PHP (using Laravel v7)
- projects in React and React Native
- projects in Python
- Can manage infrastructure deployed on AWS
- Can manage version control of projects using Git
- Can demonstrate an ability to write tests for code contributed
Additional competencies highly regarded:
- Product management experience
- Familiarity with the generation and use of QR codes
- Gamification of different experiences
- Work From Home – Flexible hours
- Attractive package will be negotiated with the successful candidate