Opportunity to use your lived experience to deliver group programs supporting clients recovery and wellbeing Fixed term 8 month role | Full time with Company Car Work from Home & Western Suburbs Location Mind Australia is one of the country’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
- Opportunity to use your lived experience to deliver group programs supporting clients recovery and wellbeing
- Fixed term 8 month role | Full time with Company Car
- Work from Home & Western Suburbs Location
Mind Australia is one of the country’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers with a range of residential, mobile outreach, centre based and online services. We have been supporting people living with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years.
We provide practical and motivational support that helps people to develop the skills they need to move on, thrive and improve the quality of their lives. It’s an approach to mental health and wellbeing that looks at the whole person in the context of their daily life. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
The Early Intervention Psychological Support Response Service (EIPSRS) is an outreach service that provides a person centered approach to recovery tailored to meet individual needs, the focus is on supporting clients to achieve their better life goals. EIPSRS is an individualised tiered outreach program of recovery support of up to 12 months to help client’s live independently and safely in the community.
We are seeking a passionate, self-motivated Community Mental Health Practitioner – Group Facilitator for an 8 month fixed term, full time opportunity to work from home with a new EIPSRS team operating across the Western Suburbs. You will utilise lived experience to facilitate and deliver group programs and educational support across a range of recreation and social groups, skill development, recovery focused and personal development courses in line with Mind’s Recovery College Model. As this position requires travel across the Western Suburbs a fully maintained company vehicle is provided.
- Utilise your own lived experience of mental ill health and recovery to inform your work and the work of the team.
- Design and deliver group programs that encourage positive engagement; they may have social, fun and recreation aspects to inspire attendance and participation.
- Deliver the MRC group program that assists clients to build skills, focus on recovery and access their community.
- Work collaboratively with a range of services and the community to ensure a co-ordinated and integrated response to the client’s recovery goals.
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate IV) in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work or other health-related field and tertiary qualifications in Employment, Vocational Training or similar is desirable.
- Lived experience of mental ill health and willingness to use this to inform your work.
- Proven experience in facilitation and delivery of groups and education support, education and training, and learning activities.
- Expertise in working with people with mental health issues, complex needs, and collaborating with families and carers.
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits.
- Flexible work arrangements – opportunity to work from home.
- Learning, development and career opportunities.
To obtain a position description and apply online click Apply Now to visit Jobs@Mind – reference number 14603.
We welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and NDIS Worker Screening Check.
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.