About BHP At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
BHP Western Australia Iron Ore’s Integrated Production and Remote Operations (IPRO) team manages the Iron Ore supply chain via scheduling, forecasting, deviation management, and controlling inventory accounting across mine, rail and port operations
Reporting to the Manager Production Scheduling, the Superintendent Production Scheduling – Integration plays an integral role in the governance and coordination of mine planning deliverables within the weekly scheduling to 2-Year Budget horizon, collecting mine planning information from the five site-based mine planning teams, to then communicate into the wider business and functional teams. The Integration Superintendent leads a team of subject matter experts in mine planning, mine design and load and haul analytics, that provide training and support to the site-based teams, as well as governance of the multiple planning horizons. The key deliverables of the role are the coordination of the annual 2-year budget mine plans for WAIO, and the being close involved in the governance of the quarterly tactical planning cycles, the rolling 3 month plans, the weekly schedules, mine design and continuous improvement
- Coordinate and manage the mine planning cycles for five operational mine planning teams, including framing and messaging of key insights, such as the risks and opportunities associated with the execution of the mine plans, key enablers and directional changes.
- Understanding the economic drivers that underpin both revenue and cost within the mine schedule to ensure these are effectively communicated throughout the business during delivery cycles.
- Actively influence professionals within and outside the Production Scheduling team as well as stakeholders across multiple levels of the organisation.
- Benchmarking metrics for performance, cost and value from across the operations.
- Providing governance to deliverables of the site based mine planning teams for scheduling, designs and work packs.
- Identifying and implementing cultural and process improvement initiatives within the team.
We have a strong focus on finding individuals with the right values, leadership capability and communication skills. Your interpersonal skills will foster collaborative working relationships across our interfaces with the Supply Chain, Mine Planning, Operational teams, and the Studies teams. In addition to demonstrated ability to consolidate and analyse information, you will have the skills and knowledge to provide critical thinking and solution-focused attitude.
This role is well suited for those looking to utilise their mine planning skills on a larger scale that requires a commodity base view where considerations are on multi-hub dynamics and Supply Chain balances.
- Tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering (or related discipline)
- Experience in a large-scale open pit mining operation in both mine planning and execution space.
- Experience leading teams of technical professionals
- Passionate about active coaching and mentoring of the team, facilitating, and enabling their personal and professional development
- Strong focus on continuous improvement in the mine planning and operational space
- Experience in mine design and mine planning is essential
You will be based in Perth, Western Australia, in the multi award winning office tower – ‘City Square’. You will have stunning river views from your modern open plan office, state of the art facilities including virtual whiteboards and video conferencing facilities, 550 bicycle racks with ample lockers, showers and change room amenities and a large outdoor terrace with barbecues.
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
BHP also requires employees in Australia to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people (from the 31st of January 2022 or earlier depending on relevant state health directives). If you are applying for a role at BHP please consider this new requirement when submitting your application. BHP will also adhere to any relevant health directives that may be made that affects our workforce. For further information please see our website (
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance based bonuses and unique BHP employee share program.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.