Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
The position will work as a team member within ESU, supporting two RPAS acquisition projects for Defence. Both RPAS projects are complex and present significant challenges that once resolved will pave the way for how large RPAS are procured and brought into service. The position holder will be involved in supporting Chief Engineer (CENGR) ISRSPO in providing project assurance for the successful ICT integration of acquired RPAS platforms into Australian communications systems and networks.
Successfully and safely integrating ISRSPO's capabilities will represent a major achievement for Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) and Defence. This role provides a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to directly contribute to these outcomes.
Working in this role will require close engagement with ISRSPO's project staff, various teams in the Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG), the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), RAAF, and many other stakeholders to understand and manage issues pertinent to management of an ICT business enterprise, C4ISREW and Cyberworthiness. Training will be available to enhance your understanding of C4ISREW topics and how they apply to the ADF.
About our Team
ISRSPO is the acquisition agency for two cutting-edge RPAS: Project AIR7000 Phase 1B's MQ-4C Triton, an advanced maritime ISR platform; and Project AIR7003 Phase 1's MQ-9B Sky Guardian, which will provide battlefield ISR and support as Australia's first armed RPAS. These high-value, long-term projects have strong schedules of activity for many years to come, providing engaging and stable work. The SPO has friendly, helpful staff from a good mix of different backgrounds and experience levels.
Within ISRSPO the ESU is responsible for engineering management, assisting with engineering deliverables, strategic planning, governance, and assurance across both of ISRSPO's RPAS projects. This small, close-knit unit reports to the ISRPSO Chief Engineer and performs complex and highly varied tasking to support the acquisition of the ISR RPAS.
The SPO is made up of a mixed workforce of Air Force, public servants, and contractors. It is primarily located at Brindabella Business Park in the ACT.
Our Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should:
- Have strong communication and stakeholder management skills to support the heavy engagement required with internal and external project stakeholders.
- Have a track record and experience in ICT system architecture development, management, deployment, business continuity and service delivery for networked ICT business enterprises.
- Have transferrable experience in C4ISREW engineering topics such as communications, electronics, networking, or computing- be able to complete complex engineering work and research with limited direction.
- Have a genuine interest in Defence C4ISREW, RPAS, and supporting the Australian Defence Force.
- Be innovative and able to think of and communicate approaches to unique problems in C4ISREW to support ISRSPO's first-of-type RPAS projects.