We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies. ABOUT US The Salvation Army is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year... read more on Shortlisted Jobs | Australia
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest providers of alcohol and other drug services. We offer a range of services including Harm Reduction and Primary Health Services as well as a range of treatment types (including residential treatment centres, community-based support programs, counselling and withdrawal management services). We work to a modern, evidence based and holistic Model of Care which can be viewed here:
The Bridge Program (The Basin) is a forty bed, 4 month recovery program for men and women in Victoria with an alcohol and/or drug addiction who are seeking significant and lasting change using the Community Integrity Model.
The program helps people in their recovery and to reestablish a sense of connection and purpose. The program includes individual and group work, with an emphasis on developing independent living skills.
We are seeking a values-driven and proactive Senior AOD Practitioner to oversee a small team of AOD Practitioners whilst also maintaining a small case load. The position works collaboratively with the leadership team to ensure strong teamwork, client focus and consistency of practice. This role contributes to the delivery of high-quality services for people seeking residential rehabilitation.
- Embed case management practices, including assessment, monitoring, planning and review under a trauma informed practice lens to ensure practices are client focused and reflective of contemporary theory
- Utilise screening and assessment tools to screen for co-occurring problems and facilitate referrals to specialised services such as psychologists and mental health services
- Utilise AOD interventions such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing and Relapse Prevention to assist participants in developing strategies to address problematic substance use
- Provide an integrated care approach to service delivery through liaison, advocacy, collaboration, and networking with external services to achieve improved outcomes for participants
- Client goals are developed, recorded, and regularly monitored to provide feedback to the client on achievements
- Accurate, up to date client records and data is maintained for all clients in accordance with TSA standards and procedures
- Facilitate bio-psycho-social education groups that are aligned with the national model of care
- Document and communicate all reportable incidents as per The Salvation Army standards and procedures
- Participate in professional development, training, client review and monthly clinical and line management supervision
- Risks to clients, staff and The Salvation Army are identified and brought to the attention of the Program Manager/Line Manager as soon as possible
- Co-operate in achieving a safe and healthy workplace through complying with statutory requirements of The Salvation Army policies and procedures
- Participates in on call roster
- Participate in the Eastern Bridge leadership team, including attendance and active participation in regular leadership meetings
- Line management responsibilities for three AOD Practitioners including monthly clinical supervision to support reflective practice, clinical case review, professional development and staff health and wellbeing
- Decision making models and frameworks are implemented and utilised by all AOD Practitioners
- Co-facilitate and contribute to delivery of bio-psycho-social education groups with AOD Practitioners
- Clients are allocated in a timely manner and AOD Practitioner caseloads are effectively managed
- Practice improvements are identified and implemented based on data, feedback from service users and staff, and in line with sector expectations
- Monthly reporting on outcomes, deliverables, and occupancy/participation rates
- Program risks are identified, reported, and managed in accordance with The Salvation Army policies and procedures, funding, and legislative requirements
- Skills audits and training needs are conducted to identify training gaps and professional development opportunities for AOD staff
- Positive, professional, and collegial relationships are fostered within the team and with the broader Eastern Bridge staffing group
- Models professional behaviour and teamwork at all times
This position is located at The Basin, VIC
WHAT WE OFFER
- As a registered not for profit organisation in addition to your remuneration you will enjoy generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family members
- Corporate Private Health Insurance rates
- Supportive and encouraging organisation
HOURS AND SALARY
This is a full time position, 38 hours per week.
Salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010, level 5 above award payment.
- Degree qualification in social work, psychology, addiction counselling or related discipline
- Certificate IV (or equivalent) in the application of AOD interventions or the four competencies required to work within the AOD Sector
- Experience in clinical management or coordination role, preferably within AOD and/or Mental Health Services
- Demonstrated ability to guide, support and lead staff
- A current VIC Drivers Licence
- Valid VIC Working with Children Check
- Ability to provide proof of Eligibility to Work in Australia
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
Please contact Danielle Cooper on 0457 044 590 or email , using the subject line: AOD Senior Practitioner enquiry via EthicalJobs.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people, and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all other roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
Applications for this role will take you to the employer’s site.
Paper plane icon
Email me more jobs like this.
Ethical Jobs in cities
Expand Ethical Jobs in cities
Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Expand Ethical Jobs in Regional centres
Ethical Jobs near you
Collapse Ethical Jobs near you
Expand Top Searches
Ethical Jobs Logo
Copyright © 2021 Ethicaljobs.com.au ABN 45 133 489 657 We respectfully acknowledge the Kulin Nations – the traditional owners of the place now known as Melbourne, on which our office stands. We pay respect to their Elders, past, present and emerging. We also recognise that no treaty was ever signed with the Kulin Nations, nor was this land ever ceded by them. We support the treaty currently being negotiated to make amends for past wrongs.